COURSE: DIVINE HEALTH
TEXT: 3 JOHN 2; EXODUS 23:25
It is God’s desire to see His children enjoy sound health. Sickness came into the world after sin came. When the power of sin was broken on the Cross of Calvary, the power of sickness was also destroyed. We have access to healing and health. Healing is the process of restoring someone to sound health, while health is the state of being well and free from illness.
- SOURCES OF SICKNESS
- God created man in a perfect state (Genesis 1:27, 31).
• The entrance of sin (Genesis 3:16; Romans 6:23).
• Satan is the tormentor (Job 2:7; John 10:10; Luke 13:14-16; Acts 10:38).
• The curse of the law (Deuteronomy 28:15-61; Galatians 3:13).
• Self inflicted sources: malnutrition, overeating, worrying, stress, sleeplessness.
- YOUR RIGHT TO HEALTH
- Salvation includes Healing (I Pet. 2:24; Is. 53:4-5; Matt 8:17).
- The Covenant of Health (Exo. 15:25-26; 23:25; Ps. 89:34; Job 36:11).
- The Health and Wealth package (Exo. 23:25; Ps. 105:37; III John 2)
- HOW TO RECEIVE HEALING
- Prayer by the sick person (James 5:13; 4:7).
• Prayer of agreement by two or more brethren (Matthew 18:19).
• Laying hands on the sick person (Mark 16:18; Acts 19:17-18).
• Anointing with oil and prayer of faith by the church elders (James 5:14-15; Mark 6:13).
• The Lord’s Supper (1 Corinthians 11:27-30)
- HOW TO MAINTAINYOUR HEALTH
- Faith (1 Peter 5:8-9; Luke 10:19)
• Meditation (Proverbs 23:7; 4:20-22)
• Confession (Joel 3:10; Proverbs 18:14).
• Fasting (Isaiah 40:31).
• Be good to people (Isaiah 58:6-8).
• Holy Spirit fellowship (Romans 8:11).
• Holy Communion (1 Corinthians 11: 23-26).
• Diligence (Ecclesiastes 10:18; 5:12a).
• Eat well & Take care of your body (Daniel 1:12-20; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Timothy 4:8).
- WHEN GOD DOESN’T HEAL
“To me, physical healing had always been the big deal, but to God, my soul was a much bigger deal. And that’s when I began searching for a deeper healing, not just a physical healing…Are you wondering why God hasn’t removed the disappointment, [or] given healing when you have so desperately asked for it? Well, you know what? God may remove your suffering, and that will be great cause for praise. But if not, He will use it, He will use anything and everything that stands in the way of His fellowship with you. So let God mold you and make you, transform you from glory to glory. That’s the deeper healing.”—Joni Earackson Tada
As believers, healing and health are included in our salvation package—and we must lay claim on it. However, God’s desire for us is not just to be healed or to live in divine health but to prosper in our souls and have that prosperity overflow into every other area of our lives—including our health! May God help us to do these things IJN.